- 1.Our contact details
Name: Clare Campbell
Address:1/6 St Teresa Place, Edinburgh, EH10 5UB
In this policy, ‘The Wise Old Owl’ or ‘We’ or ‘Our’ or ‘Us’ refers to Clare Campbell, 1/6 St Teresa Place, Edinburgh, EH10 5UB
In this policy, ‘Personal Information’ refers to information that can uniquely identify an individual, including those detailed in Section 2
- 2.The type of Personal Information we collect
Non-personal identification information
– When you visit the Site, We may collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your use of the site, purchases and newsletter subscription.
– Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of device and technical information about users’ means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
We currently collect and process the following information:
– Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
– Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimise our Site.
– Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels
– Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor WordPress, Woocommerce, Stripe, Mailchimp.
We will collect personal identification information from users only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain website related activities, such as placing orders.
- – Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
– Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
– Source of collection: collected from you.
– Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor WordPress, Stripe, Mailchimp, Royal Mail
– We do not gather sensitive personal data (e.g. health, genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions). We expressly request that you do not provide any such sensitive data to us.
– Our service does not address anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child or children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- 3.How we collect the device information
We collect device information in one or more of the following ways:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- 4.How we collect the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
– You may give us information about yourself by completing a purchase transaction, or completing our online enquiry form, our online mailing list form, or contacting us by email, phone or otherwise, or completing our contact sheet at a craft fair/event.
– We sometimes use third parties to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems or to process marketing material for our business. Where we use third parties to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal information;
– We will release your personal information to others when you have given your consent to that release, such as through your completion of a purchase transaction or through your completion of our online mailing list form.
- 5.How we will use your data
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- – Provide our Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and services to you, and may screen for potential risk or fraud.
– Understand and improve our products and services. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products and services.
– Communicate with you. We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of these at any time. Please use the Unsubscribe button on the email, or contact us using any of the contact details given in this policy.
– Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
– We may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our products and services on our site and on other sites;
– We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- 6.Sharing your data
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy (including WordPress, Woocommerce, Stripe, Mailchimp, and Royal Mail) or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways:
- – With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods.
– Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyse and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service).
– These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions.
– In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
– In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- 7.How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored electronically and is password protected.
– The Wise Old Owl will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, Section 4 and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. Your data will be delated if we no longer need, or we no longer have your permission to retain it.
– We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
- 8.How you can control your data
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails).
- 9.Web browser cookies
- 10.Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
– Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
– Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
– Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
– Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
– You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Clare Campbell, The Wise Old Owl, 1/6 St Teresa Place, Edinburgh, EH10 5UB or firstname.lastname@example.org, or 07716999635 if you wish to make a request.
- 11.Changes to this Privacy Notice
Periodically, it may be necessary for us to make changes to this privacy notice. You should read this privacy notice every few months so as to keep yourself fully up to date with our privacy policies and procedures.
- 12.How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Clare Campbell, The Wise Old Owl, 1/6 St Teresa Place, Edinburgh, EH10 5UB or email@example.com, or 07716999635
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk